Fishing Licenses Key Colony Beach Marathon FL
For more information visit the official site of the Florida Keys Fish and Wildlife Commission
LICENSES AND PERMITS
Saltwater fishing licenses are sold at all county tax collectors’ offices
and at many license agents.
K-Mart at MM 50 is the most convenient agent
Licenses may also be obtained over the telephone by dialing toll-free, 1-888-FISH-FLORIDA (347-4356). For those with Internet access, licenses are now available online at MyFWC.com. An additional fee is charged for these services. For any recreational licensing information not contained in this publication, please go to MyFWC.com/License or call your local county tax collector office.
When applying for a saltwater recreational fishing license, you are considered to be a Florida resident if you are:
- Any person who has resided in Florida for six continuous months prior to applying for a resident license and who claims Florida as their primary residence.
- Any member of the U.S. Armed Forces who is stationed in this state.
Gold sportsman’s license
- $100 (valid for one year). Includes:
- Hunting, Saltwater Fishing and Freshwater Fishing licenses
- Management Area, Archery,Crossbow, Muzzleloading Gun,Turkey, Florida Waterfowl, Snook, and Spiny Lobster permits
— Florida residents may buy a lifetime saltwater fishing license or a lifetime sportsman license. Holders of lifetime saltwater fishing licenses may fish in saltwater for life and will pay no additional fees. The lifetime license fee includes the taking of snook or spiny lobster, which would otherwise require a separate fee. A lifetime sportsman license allows holders to fish in freshwater or saltwater and to hunt in Florida. Both of the licenses require holders to obey fishing or hunting laws in effect at any given time.
You do not need a license if you are:
- For a complete list of shoreline license exemptions, please see the article License now required for Florida shoreline anglers on page 15.
- A child under 16 years of age.
- Any resident fishing for recreational purposes only, within her or his county of residence with live or natural bait, using poles or lines not equipped with a fishing line retrieval mechanism.
- Fishing from a for-hire vessel—guide, charter, party boat—that has a valid vessel license or charter captain license.
- A holder of a valid saltwater products license.
- A Florida resident 65 years old or older and you possess either a Resident Senior Citizen Hunting and Fishing Certificate or proof of age and residency.
- A Florida resident who is a member of the U.S. Armed Forces, who is not stationed in this state, while on leave for 30 days or less, upon submission of orders. This does not
Costs for licenses
In addition to the cost of licenses and permits specified in this section, license agents may charge an issuance fee for selling licenses or permits.
|Resident Saltwater Fishing Licenses|
|Lifetime Licenses and Fees are listed on another web page.|
|Gold Sportsman’s License (includes Hunting, Saltwater Fishing and Freshwater Fishing licenses; and Deer, Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Crossbow, Turkey and Florida Waterfowl, Snook and Lobster permits)||$100.00|
|Military Gold Sportsman’s License (includes Hunting, Saltwater Fishing and Freshwater Fishing licenses; and Deer, Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Crossbow, Turkey and Florida Waterfowl, Snook and Lobster permits) (sold only at tax collector’s office)||$20.00|
|Annual Saltwater Fishing||$17.00||$79.00|
|Saltwater/Freshwater Fishing Combo||$32.50|
|Saltwater/Freshwater Fishing/Hunting Combo||$48.00|
|Saltwater Shoreline License||Free|
|Nonresident Saltwater Fishing Licenses|
|Nonresident Annual Saltwater Fishing||$47.00|
|Nonresident 3-Day Saltwater Fishing||$17.00|
|Nonresident 7-Day Saltwater Fishing||$30.00|
|Non-residents using beach or haul seines for recreational purposes are required to have acommercial saltwater products license.|
|Saltwater Fishing Permits (Resident and Nonresident)
If you are not required to have a license, you are not required to buy permits (except tarpon)
|Snook Permit (required to keep snook in season even with the Shoreline license)||$10.00||$50.00|
|Tarpon Tag (available at select county tax collector offices)||$51.50|
If you are not required to buy a license, you are not required to buy permits (except tarpon).
If you are not required to purchase a fishing license and snook and spiny lobster permits, you may do so anyway to help support programs that protect and preserve Florida’s marine fisheries resources include family members.
— Any person who has been accepted as a client for developmental services by the Department of Children and Family Services, provided the department furnishes proof thereof.
— A nonresident fishing for recreational purposes from a pier that has a valid pier saltwater fishing license.
— Fishing from a boat that has a valid recreational vessel fishing license.
— A Florida resident who is fishing for mullet in freshwater with a valid Florida freshwater fishing license.
— A Florida resident fishing for saltwater fish in freshwater from land or a structure fixed to land.
— A Florida resident who possesses a Florida Resident Disabled Person Hunting and Fishing Certificate. In order to qualify for this, applicants must provide a certification of total and permanent disability from the United States Armed Forces, Railroad Retirement Board, Florida Worker’s Compensation or the United States Veterans Administration. Alternatively, current documentation from the Social Security Administration for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Supplemental Security Disability Income (SSDI) benefits also will be accepted.
Other saltwater fishing fees
Licenses (Charter Boat or Charter Captain)
are required for all vessels that charge a fee (for-hire vessels) to take passengers out to catch marine fish.
Eleven or more customers………………..$801.50
Five to ten customers……………………….$401.50
Four or fewer customers…………………..$201.50
Optional fees include the annual Recreational Vessel fee ($2,001.50) for not-for-hire pleasure craft and the annual Pier license ($501.50).
For charter licensing information, contact your local county tax collector’s office or visit our Web site at MyFWC.com. Click on “Fishing.”
Vacation Rentals Florida Keys
Call Kelly Willey 305-289-2212